the narrrators

notes

9.8.13

You don't get to say that

"If I wanted a toy I would have gone for a 22 year old with no kids..." 

A year and a half into our relationship you said you couldn't handle the kids. So I backed then off, seeing them on my own time at my parents house so you would not have to worry about them being at what I thought of as our house. I always invited you, you could never make it. I don't think you get to say anything about my parenting, knowing full well what was going on at that time. I don't think you are even allowed that analogy since you were given every opportunity to have a relationship with my children and you chose not to. I nurtured you and put my all into caring for you, yes I will admit I slowly slowed in this as you began to show how you truly felt. You were doing all you could to get me out when all you had to do was be honest about your feelings with me and talk to me. It wasn't you didn't call enough, it was you never wanted to make time to see me or the kids or doing anything with us or me alone. It would be nice if you ever cared to listen to me. So I let these thoughts out here...

No comments: